Monday, December 8, 2008

Ladies and money

Recently, I have been wondering why ladies are always so demanding. I don't know if it has ever happened to you. Or maybe it is perculiar to Nigeria. When once a guy asks a lady out, the lady sees that as an avenue to enrich herself. She accepts the date because according to some of them, "No body says no to a free meal." This has in turn led the men into seeing every female counterpart as a potential sex tool. There is a popular saying that "when a guy ask a lady out, he is actually asking for sex and when a lady says yes to a guy, she is saying yes to his money". This is predorminant amongst tertiary institution students. Last january, I went to Ecobank to withdraw some money. There I met this girl, saw her as an angel. She is extremely beautiful. I asked her out and incidentally she accepted. After the valentine's day, I told her I wanted to see her and since no normal nigerian guy likes spending money, I told her to come to my class and see me. She declined telling me that its either I come out to one of the closest fastfood resaurant or I forget it. I opted to play to her gallery and went to see her at "Mr Biggs". I went there loaded ( you know what I mean) so that she would not embarass me. As coutesy demands or as I thought was proper, I offered to buy her something to eat while we discussed. She told me she didn't want anything so as not to give me a wrong impression about herself. In my heart, I was jubilating. She mostly told me about her ex-boyfriend whom she claimed she dumped due to his womanizing attributes. She told me her boyfriend had been trailing her wherever she goes and that the guy was in the restaurant with us. I was so frustrated when my attempts to bring up other issues failed. I decided to leave her to continue her rantings. After her discussions, she told me she wanted me to buy food for her to take to her younger sister at home. She also got the sum of Five thousand Naira as transport fare for a journey that is not more than forty Naira
Two weeks later, it was my birthday and I lied to her that there was this crazy birthday party that was going to be held at my resident in school, that she should come and make my day as the presence of my girlfriend is most needed. She told me she wasn't coming to my place and that since it was my birthday, I should come and take her out. The truth of the matter is that it wasn't my birthday and I just wanted to get her laid that day.
About amonth later, she called me explaining how she was in a tight situation that her parents have not sent money for her to buy her books and other things( forgrting that she told me she was staying with her parents close to school) and that I should lend her twenty thousand Naira. There is this theory that when a lady asks you to lend her some money, it actually means you should give her money and just forget the money. I did not yield to her request which made her stop communicating with me for three months.
Now she is back and is still demanding for money. I sthis what ladies were created for?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorree ooo!
    I think its just the mentality anyway. I like to think that I'm better than all those girls who demand money from guys cos i dont but the thing is sometimes i wish a guy friend would just give me a money gift.. just like that.. I think we're programmed to receive any way.....

    I think i might read some more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete