Friday, December 5, 2008

The fake mattress I bought

As at last January when I resumed back at school, I had moved to a new apartment with my friend and we knew quite well that we needed a new mattress. So I had to go and buy one. I went to the nearest market and thought or actually bought a brand name mattress- vita foam. Unknown to me, this wasn't the original mattress. When I bought it, the first two nights were very painful since it was as solid as a rock. After about a week, I started noticing some depressions on the mattress especially on the part that is usually occupied by my friend. I thought maybe it was due to his weight and decided to ignore it. After a month, it was nothing to write home about. It was like a mat and so I approached the seller of the mattress. He told me to my face that the one he sold to me was the fake one. I asked why he had been so Carlos and he told me that I requested for it. On survey, I realised that all the mattresses he sells are the same. Right now the mattress is more of a mat than a mattress. I rather sleep on the rug because I have a better sleep on the rug than on the mattress

No comments:

Post a Comment